How a “business blog” can help your business
· Each new entry on your blog creates its own “page” that will come up in internet search engines. Blogging for your business will help you come up when people search for your product or service.
· Provide a service to your customers through your blog
· Create interest for current customers and possible new customers
How to set up a blog
· I recommend, www.blogger.com; its free & easy to use!
· Go to www.google.com & sign up for a free gmail e-mail account
· Go to www.blogger.com and use your gmail account to sign up for a blog
· What kind of a service can you offer? Ideas for using your products, recipes (linked to your product), special deals on your product, testimonials from customers, your personal experiences with your product, decorating ideas with your product, pictures of your family with or related to your product, links to your online catalog, information about community events you’re involved in
· Your blog should be personal but still professional. Blogs are a type of online journal. Use your own voice & write the way you would talk to a friend. People should be able to get to know your personality through your blog posts. While showing your personality is great, still remember to keep it professional by avoiding language, topics, etc. that might be objectionable to your readers.
· If you already have or want to create a blog that is about yourself or your family, mention your business every now and then. Don’t make people feel like you are always pitching your product to them, but don’t be afraid to mention that you’re going to your national convention, that you did a home show over the weekend or other details of what is going on in your life with your business.·
· Post to your blog consistently . . . at least once a week. If there’s nothing new, people will stop looking. But if you consistently have new & valuable content for them, they’ll keep coming back for more. Keep a notebook handy that you can jot ideas for posts down as they come to you. Then, once or twice a week post those items to your blog.
once you have started your blog, here’s some ideas of other things you can add to it:
· Free blog counter that increases in number each time your page is opened: www.easy-hit-counters.com
· Add a fun background to make your blog stand out: www.thecutestblogontheblock.com
· Allow people to sign up to receive update on your blog posts in the form of a newsletter when you post new items: www.feedblitz.com
· Include your blog address on your e-mail signature
· Include your blog address on your facebook profile & when you first create it, announce it by posting a note
· Print up address labels that have your blog address & a little bit of details about what benefit your customers will get when they visit your blog and put those labels on the back of your business cards & on your catalogs