10/24/08

Connecting with Facebook

Okay, so I'm a little taken right now with the technology side of advertising. There are so many great ways out there to advertise your business for free on the internet. They may not work as well as face-to-face interactions, but even if you can get some response, I would think it would be worth it to give them a try.

So . . . are you on Facebook? I thought it was something just for teenagers and college kids but then got intrigued when my college age sister was showing me how it works. I decided to go ahead and play around with it even though I thought I would be the oldest one on facebook -- and I'm only 32! I quickly found out that wasn't the case & in just a couple of months have managed to connect with a lot of old friends that I haven't had contact with in years.

During this time, I've connected with someone who had wanted to purchase from me, but moved away shortly thereafter & I didn't have her new contact information -- she's already placed an order with me. I've also connected with an old friend from high school who said she had been looking for a new consultant for my company since she has moved to where she doesn't know any consultants and her old one had quit; she said she was thrilled to find me & would be sure to place her orders through me from now on.

Right now, I just consider that I'm planting seeds. The more people I connect with who find out what I do, the better the chance that they will think of me the next time they need something from my company. I think this has been a much better way to go about it than tracking old friends down and hounding them for business.

Not only that, but its been fun to catch up with old friends! Join facebook today! And you're welcome to add me as a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment