10/24/08

Stand Out with Little Extra Touches

I went out to lunch today to a place I had never been before. The mexican food was very good, but I wouldn't say it was better than any of the other places I like. HOWEVER, on the way out, we grabbed a mint for the road; it was different than any other restaurant mint I've ever seen . . . half green & half white. Intrigued, I unwrapped it & popped it in my mouth. It tasted like key lime pie and was the best restaurant mint I've ever had. This simple little candy had me thinking, "I have to go back there again!"

So, it got me thinking. . . Do I do any small little extras that make me stand out from the crowd of consultants that my customers can be buying from? Some ideas might include: offering free gift wrap, making sure customers know I have product on hand for last minute gift purchases, sending out a thank you card after someone makes a purchase, following up with a phone call after the customers order arrives to make sure they are happy with it. These are just a few ideas . . . do you have any to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment