3/18/09

$100,000 Pyramid-Style Sponsoring Game

I wanted to share with you the new Sponsoring Game that I put together & have started using at my parties. Its been a big hit at the parties & has been a lot of fun & an easy way for me to make sure I talk about sponsoring.


On 10 3x5 cards, write words that refer to benefits of your business. (things like: travel, mom, flexible, candles, $100, jewelry, fun, boss, friends)

Get 2 volunteers (offer small prizes to both of them just for participating). The two volunteers should stand facing each other. One holds up the cards in front of her so that she can't see what the words on the cards are while the other one can see the words & gives clues to try to get her to guess what the words are. Once she guesses what one word is, she throws that card aside and goes to the next one. I give them 60 to 90 seconds to do the guessing because I want them to get through as many as possible of the cards.

After they've played the game, I thank them, give them their prize & then ask the whole group if they know what those words were referring to. Everyone guesses that its about my job. I then say something like this . . .

"Now, this business isn't right for everyone, but it might be just what you or someone you know are looking for. So, I want to tell you a little bit about what each of these words represents to me. That way, you'll get to know just a little bit about the business & we can talk later about any specific questions you may have."

"Travel is because every year I get to go to Arizona on a business trip for our national convention which is so much fun & also because one year I earned a trip to Cancun that was the best vacation my husband & I have ever been on."

"Mom is because I started my business to be a stay at home mom. And the great thing is that now that I have a son & can stay at home with him during the day, I can also get some time away by going & doing parties."

"Flexible is because I can work my business on the schedule that fits into my busy life."

"Candles is because I get to sell a great product that I love having in my home; and I get first view of all the new stuff when it comes out."

"$100 is the average amount of money I make from doing a party."

"Jewelry is because we have some great incentives to earn jewelry . . . I'm going to pass around a ring that I won . . . its monetary value is higher than what my wedding ring cost!"

"Fun is because almost everything about my job is fun, like doing these parties!"

"Boss is because I get to be my own boss! I would have such a hard time working for anyone else after being my own boss for so long!"

"Friends is because my circle of friends has grown so much through my business. When I moved to Maryland I didn't know anyone & now I have so many friends not only here, but all over the country as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment