3/20/09

Candy Bar Booking Package

Just a fun idea I came up with to get in touch with some past hosts that I've had a good relationship with but haven't been in touch with in a while or those who had expressed interest in hosting, but then nothing ever came of it. I took out 5 packets, booked 1 party and another one called with a party-size order from herself and a few friends.

What I did was wrap up our current catalog in wrapping paper. I then wrapped up a giant sized candy bar in wrapping paper as well. I attached the 2 together with a bow on top, like a present, and added a card that told them that I wanted to share the new catalog with them & that I would love to do a party for them. I told them that if they called to book a party with me within 24 hours that I had a very special bonus gift for them.

Its important to note that I didn't spend a whole lot of money here since I got those giant candy bars on sale for about $1 each. Both people that I heard back from talked about the candy bars so obviously that was what got their attention, even though their children were the ones to eat them.

Anyway, if you're looking for a fun new idea & want to try this out, I'd love to hear how it works for you. To get even better results, you could follow up with each of the people you drop off to to make sure they got the package, but never make anyone feel guilty for not booking a party after you've given them the gift package.

I'm planning to do this for a handful of customers with each catalog release. In addition to getting me some bookings, my hope is that it will bring a smile to their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment