3/29/09

Advertise your blog

If you have a blog for your business, how do you advertise it?


A couple of ideas I've used . . .


1. Post a vague comment on your facebook or twitter account & then include your blog link for more information. Example: I might post something like, "Don't just throw your empty candle jars away; re-use them http://gottahavecandles.blogspot.com/2009/03/re-use-your-empty-candle-jars.html". Rather than doing a blatant advertisement, you're creating curiosity so they'll want to look at the link & not feel like you're trying to sell them something.


2. Order postcards from www.vistaprint.com to advertise your blog; send them out to your customer contacts. I send out 100 postcards each month to advertise my blog -- that way its not too overwhelming for me and everyone on my list receives a postcard a couple of times a year. The first ones I sent out just introduced my blog. When those had been sent out to everyone on my list, I did a new postcard, this time including a recipe for Sugar Cookies, telling them they could find more great recipes & candle tips on my blog, since I post a few recipes every month.


3. On all customer correspondence that goes out in the mail, I add a label to the back of the envelope that has my blog address and a little blurb about why they should check it out.


4. My blog address is listed on all of my marketing materials, including business card magnets, catalogs, business cards, and any other promotional materials.


5. Include it as part of your e-mail signature.


No comments:

Post a Comment