3/29/09

Reach out to customers with a blog

I have a new favorite way of reaching out to customers & its called "blogging". If you're reading this right now, you're probably familiar with the concept!

The idea of using a blog for my home party business is that there is so much information that I want to share with my customers about our products . . . directions & instructions as well as special deals and extra ways that the products can enhance their lives that they might not have thought about. If I sent out an e-mail every time I wanted to share some of this with my customers, I would likely have some customers who felt I was spamming them and even more customers that would look at me as an annoyance for constantly filling up their e-mail box.

So, I use a blog to spread that information to my customers. Those that really want it, know where to look for it and those that don't want it, don't have to be bothered with it. And I get a creative outlet and a way to share everything I want to share. On top of all those benefits, it is an additional way to advertise my business because there will be people who stumble across my blog posts while doing an internet search & those who follow my blog may pass on the site to someone they know would enjoy the content.

So, try your hand at a blog today. While I don't even begin to consider myself an expert in marketing with blogs, you are welcome to take a look at my site for some ideas: http://gottahavecandles.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment